Community Development Resources
Resources For Your Neighborhood
- Organize a neighborhood clean-up through the Department of Public Works.
- The City Service Request Center (311) is a great resource and easy way to request trash pickup, litter and graffiti removal, road and sidewalk repair, tree planting or pruning, alley cleaning, bulk trash pickup, parking meter issues, abandoned vehicle/bicycles, etc. See a full list of services at 311.dc.gov.
- Trash & Recycling Collection: collection is Tuesdays.
- Solid Waste Education and Enforcement Program (SWEEP): how to report sanitation violations.
- Comprehensive Community Development Model: Planning tool intended to spark economic development and community revitalization in Ward 7
Resources For Your Block
Resources For Your Home
- Permits for Home Improvement and other information at the DCRA Homeowner's Center: learn when you need a permit from this helpful Permit Fact Sheet and then apply to get your permit via the Online Permits for Home Improvement Projects.
- Free Smoke Alarm: installed by the fire department! This service is currently suspended due to the pandemic, but will return soon.
- Free Home Fire Safety Inspection: make sure your home is free of fire hazards.
Resources For Greening & Gardening
Key Community Development Resources